Russia expands entry ban list of EU citizens, officials in response to 9th sanctions package - Moscow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 17, 2023
"In response to the hostile actions of the EU, Russia expanded the list of representatives from European institutions and EU member states who are prohibited from entering Russian territory," the Ministry added in a statement on Tuesday.
According to the statement, officials from EU law enforcement agencies involved in providing military assistance to Ukraine's armed forces, European government and commercial structures that supply military equipment to Ukraine, and EU citizens engaged in promoting anti-Russian sentiment, as well as individual members of the European Parliament, have been included in the expanded list, Xinhua news agency reported.
"The EU is continuing to pressure Russia through its unilateral restrictive measures," the statement said, calling the latest sanctions package "illegitimate".
The EU adopted the ninth package of sanctions against Russia on December 16. It said the sanctions were meant to further increase collective pressure on Russia to end its military operation and withdraw its troops from Ukraine.
- Asif Ali Zardari sends Rs 10 bn legal notice to Imran Khan
- Phoebe Dynevor exits 'Bridgerton' season 3
- UAE Prez's Islamabad visit cancelled due to bad weather
- Imran to contest all 33 seats of National Assembly
- TTP claims responsibility for Peshawar mosque attack, toll rises to 32 (4th Ld)
- 28 killed, 150 injured in blast at Peshawar mosque (3rd Ld)
- 8 people shot dead at birthday party in S.Africa
- 19,740 road accidents reported in Sri Lanka last yr
- Laos Parliament approves cabinet reshuffle
- 17 dead in Peshawar mosque blast (2nd Ld)