Rohini Acharya trending on social media after donating kidney to father Lalu Prasad - Patna News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
Rohini Acharya, the second eldest daughter of Lalu Prasad Yadav who donated one of her kidneys to her father, lives with her family in Singapore. The operation for the kidney transplant was successfully completed in Mount Elizabeth hospital in Singapore on Monday and both the donor and the recipient are healthy.
Rohini Acharya used to monitor the politics of Bihar through social media and posted important comments on several issues. She also slammed the BJP several times in the past. She came into the limelight after she decided to donate one of her kidneys to her father.
Following her decision, Bhojpuri film star Khesari Lal Yadav said: "Rohini donated her kidney to her father. She set an example for every girl especially for the new generation people. It is a proud moment for every girl."
BJP leader and spokesperson Nikhil Anand said: "Rohini has established her identity as a great daughter for her father. She has set an example to others. Lalu Ji is a leader of the country and we pray to God for his speedy recovery and return home soon"
Another user on Twitter said that Rohini has set an example for the 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' campaign.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC