Robin Uthappa, Yusuf Pathan excited to play together once again at Dubai Capitals - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
A few years later, the two batters have come together once again as they get ready to play for the Dubai Capitals in the inaugural season of the ILT20 in the UAE, starting from Friday.
"It's great to have Robin on the same side. We played for India together and then we were at Kolkata Knight Riders for several seasons. We won the T20 World Cup in 2007 as well."
"We enjoy each other's company. We'll try to replicate the glory days we have seen in the past and make new memories at the DP World ILT20," said Pathan in an official release by the franchise.
Uthappa also reiterated Pathan's sentiment. "I have always shared a great relationship with Yusuf. It's great to be his teammate once again. We were together at KKR for a long time and I am just happy that there is a familiar face on this new journey."
"I have played a lot of cricket in the UAE over the years. The wickets change according to the weather in the country. This tournament is a great opportunity for the young UAE players to rub shoulders with some great cricketers and improve their games."
Speaking ahead of the first match of the competition between Dubai Capitals and Abu Dhabi Knight Riders, Pathan said on his preparation,
"I have prepared well for this tournament. I carried out training sessions in the gym and on the ground for 70-75 days. I have a lot of experience and I'll look to play until I have the physical fitness to play the game. One learns a lot by playing cricket and I enjoy that a lot."
Uthappa remarked playing in the ILT20 will give him a chance to enrich himself as a cricketer. "I am confident that I will be playing a lot more cricket in the future. I want to enrich myself as a cricketer by playing in different conditions and cultures."
"Hopefully, I will play in a lot of the other leagues that's been taking place in different countries around the world. The DP World ILT20 gives me a chance to enrich myself as a cricketer. I am really looking forward to the tournament and I have been training pretty well."
- I-League 2022-23: Goals and cards galore as Kenkre hold table-toppers Punjab
- 3rd T20I: I look to keep it simple and back my gut feeling, says Hardik on his captaincy philosophy
- 3rd T20I: It feels good when you practice and it pays off, says Gill after his century
- Football: Busy close to transfer window in Premier League
- Khelo India Youth Games: Hosts Madhya Pradesh sweep medals in kayaking and canoeing
- 3rd T20I: Shubman Gill's ton, bowlers power India to clinical 2-1 series win over New Zealand (Ld)
- 3rd T20I: Shubman Gill's ton, bowlers lead India to massive 168-run win over New Zealand
- La Liga 2022-23: Real Madrid eye three points against managerless Valencia
- PSA Challenger Squash: Abhay Singh, Amina Orfi clinch men's and women's titles
- PVL: Presence of fans in stadiums across the three cities will add to the electrifying atmosphere inside the venues, says Joy Bhattacharjya