RIL promoter group allotted 53.2% shares in rights issue
Updated Jun 11, 2020
As per the shareholding pattern given by RIL to exchanges today, the promoter group holds 50.29 per cent shares in RIL while the public holds the remaining 49.71 per cent shares.
Within the public shareholding, 5.37 per cent shareholding is held by mutual funds. Under this category, SBI Mutual Funds holds 1.37 per cent stake in RIL.
Foreign portfolio investors and alternate investment funds hold 24.71 per cent stake in RIL. Europacific Growth Fund holds 3.01 per cent stake and Government of Singapore holds 1.21 per cent stake in RIL.
Under the category of financial institutions, insurance companies and banks, 6.21 per cent equity stake is held of which 6 per cent is held by LIC.
Individual shareholders with share capital upto Rs 2 lakh hold 7.55 per cent stake in RIL.
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) announced today that it has achieved successful closure of India's largest ever rights Issue of Rs 53,124.20 crore.
It was subscribed approximately 1.59 times, cumulating to an overall commitment of over Rs 84,000 crore.
The rights Issue saw a huge investor interest, including from lakhs of small investors and thousands of institutional investors, both Indian and foreign. The public portion of the rights issue was subscribed 1.22 times, a RIL statement said.