Retired forensic official found dead in Vijayawada hotel - Vijayawada News
by IANS | Updated Jan 07, 2023
The retired official, who is presently working in a private laboratory, was found dead under suspicious circumstances in a city hotel late on Friday.
Shiva Kumar (74), a resident of Kukatpally in Hyderabad, had come to Vijayawada in connection with a court case.
The hotel staff alerted police after Shiva Kumar did not respond to phone calls and door bells. The police broke open the door and found him lying on the floor.
Police shifted the body for autopsy and informed his family members. The cause of death was not known immediately.
A police officer said they have registered a case of death under suspicious circumstances and took up investigation. The investigators collected clues from the hotel room.
Shiva Kumar had checked into the hotel on Thursday. He was in the city to submit evidence in the court in connection with a case.
- Ramcharitmanas row: Another Ayodhya seer announces reward for beheading SP leader
- 8 booked for desecration of Ramcharitmanas in Lucknow
- 'Go to the lower strata and check if they are getting benefits of govt schemes': Modi
- J&K L-G launches QR-code based labels of 13 different GI, non-GI registered crafts
- Enrollment in higher education increased to nearly 4.14cr in 2020-21
- Trinamool announces 1st list of 22 candidates for Tripura polls
- Urgently address gaps in leprosy services, accelerate efforts towards zero infection: WHO
- Muslims keeping Assamese language alive, says Badruddin Ajmal
- J&K approves Rs 146cr project for promotion of niche crops
- Bharat Jodo Yatra will bring 'wave of change': Goa Congress