Reliance to offer free digital streaming of IPL 2023: Report - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
This development comes after Viacom18 tested a similar model, broadcasting the FIFA World Cup 2022 for free on Reliance's JioCinema App. The matches were streamed on the app, as well as on TV channels such as Sports18 and Sports18 HD, making it a hit.
Now as per a The Hindu Businessline report, Reliance-owned Viacom18, who purchased the digital media rights of IPL seasons 2023 through 2027 for a whopping amount of Rs 23,758 crore, is exploring several strategies to execute the same plan -- free streaming -- for IPL.
The report also added that Reliance may also offer products for free to corner market share.
If this happens, it will be the first time that IPL will be available for free viewing. Viacom18 is eyeing to give competition to its competitor, Disney-Star, which still holds the DTH rights to the league.
- Border-Gavaskar Trophy: India should look to win 4-0, expect the ball to turn, says Ravi Shastr
- To sit out and breathe fresh air feels blessed: Rishabh Pant updates on his road to recovery
- Australian pace attack could be a real threat to India: Sunil Gavaskar
- PVL: 'No pressure' on Kolkata Thunderbolts as captain Ashwal Rai eyes 2nd win of season
- Sachin Baisoya establishes lead with 64 on day one of PGTI Players Championship 2023
- India lose lead and match against Nepal in SAFF U-20 Women's C'ship
- Spinner Asif Afridi banned from all cricket for two years: PCB
- Clare Connor, Justin Langer, Graeme Smith join MCC World Cricket Committee
- Litchfield, Mooney, Scrivens shortlist for ICC Women's Player of the Month for January 2023
- 'She was in pain and wanted me to hit more sixes': Chris Gayle recalls when he broke a fan's nose with a six