RBI hikes repo rate by 35 bps - Chennai News
Chennai, Dec 7 (IANS) The Reserve Bank of Indias (RBI) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) on Wednesday increased the repo rate by 35 basis points (bps) to 6.25 per cent to contain inflation.
by IANS | Updated Dec 07, 2022
The repo rate, also called the policy rate, is the interest at which RBI lends money to the commercial banks.
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das, heading the MPC, announced the rate hike.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by FreshersLIVE.Publisher : IANS-Media
- First Energy Transitions Working Group Meeting to begin on Feb 5
- Centre asks Vodafone Idea to convert Rs 16,000 dues into equity
- J&K sanctions Rs 62 cr project for commercial cultivation of herbal riches
- Paytm Founder announces operating profitability, says free cash flow generation is next
- Over 20K foreign buyers from 28 countries invited to inaugural Rajasthan Int’l Expo
- Budget allocated Rs 10K cr for railway sector in Odisha: Vaishnaw
- Amid Adani group row, RBI says banking sector remains resilient
- S&P Global revises Adani Electricity, Adani Ports ratings to 'negative'
- DGCA orders probe as Indigo passenger reaches Udaipur instead of Patna
- ITC logs Q3 PAT of Rs 5,031 crore, declares interim dividend of Rs 6