Rakul on 'Chhatriwali': 'I am finally getting to headline a film' - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Dec 01, 2022
Rakul says: "For me, every film of mine has been special but 'Chhatriwali' is extra special for many reasons. After so many years in the industry, I am finally getting to headline a film and what better than an entertaining film with a thought-provoking social message."
Rakul plays the role of quality control head in a condom factory. It is shown in the film that though initially, Rakul was somewhere shy about her job, she slowly realised its importance. She understands the relevance of sex education and takes the responsibility of spreading awareness.
As today(December 1) is World AIDS Day, which is observed to spread awareness about HIV among people, the actress asserts that it is an important day to announce this film as the subject deals with the issues of safe sex.
"This World Aids Day, I join the fight against HIV by raising awareness on the importance of safe sex and the use of male contraceptives via my upcoming film, 'Chhatriwali'," adds the actress known for 'Cuttputlii', 'Runway 34', 'Attack', among others.
Produced by Ronnie Screwvala and directed by Tejas Prabha Vijay Deoskar, 'Chhatriwali' features Rakul Preet Singh and Sumeet Vyas. It will be released soon on ZEE5.
- From 'X-Files' to Sex Files: Gillian Anderson to explore sex lives of women
- Akshay's walk on India's map raises the hackles of Netizens
- Siddharth-Kiara wedding: Guests to shake legs on beats of DJ Ganesh
- Siddharth-Kiara wedding: Groom's guests outnumber the bride's
- Dedicate Mumbai coastal road to Lata Didi, urges Mangeshkar family
- Siddharth-Kiara wedding to have a special performance by bride's brother
- Siddharth-Kiara wedding: Guests to feast on 100 dishes from 10 countries
- SRK's 'pehli heroine' is his 'Pathaan' co-star Ashutosh Rana's wife
- SRK, Salman open up on working together in 'Pathaan', spilling of spy universe
- Harry Styles says he doesn't believe in any such thing as 'Best Music'