Rahul's Bharat Jodo Yatra to spend more time in UP - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
The yatra that is expected to reach Uttar Pradesh in the first week of January, will now pass through Ghaziabad, Hapur, Meerut, Baghpat, Muzaffarnagar, Shamli and Saharanpur before moving into Haryana.
"The yatra may have a break in the New Year and enter the state only in the first week of January. Congress general secretary (in-charge UP) Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, is likely to accompany her brother in UP as well in the coming weeks," a party functionary said.
According to Congress zonal president Anil Yadav, around 10,000 Rajya Yatris will participate in the UP-leg of the yatra.
Earlier, the BJY was scheduled to spend two days in Bulandshahr before moving out.
A contingent of UP Congress leaders is accompanying Rahul Gandhi on his nearly 3,570 km yatra from Kanyakumari to Kashmir. The yatra began in Kanyakumari on September 7.
"We are holding meetings regularly to work out and propose a new route for the yatra. We hope the route for Uttar Pradesh will be approved in the coming days," a senior party leader said.
The Congress leaders want to invite some prominent farmer leaders to join Rahul Gandhi during the yatra in Uttar Pradesh.
Earlier, the schedule of Rahul Gandhi's Yatra in Uttar Pradesh was only for two days and was to travel to Bulandshahr before entering Haryana.
- Kerala's trangender couple blessed with baby
- Rahul making baseless allegations against govt: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Police arrests Amity student who tried to run over traffic cop
- BRS MLAs poaching case: SC to hear on Feb 17 plea against CBI probe
- Did Centre give directions to raid SDPI offices? K'taka HC to govt
- Kashmir Pandit body demands SIT to assess role of NC, PDP in promoting 'Muslim separatism'
- Social luminary Appasaheb Dharmadhikari named 'Maharashtra Bhushan' 2023
- Upendra Kushwaha asks Nitish to promote JD(U) leaders and not Tejashwi
- Mehbooba detained by Delhi Police during protest
- 3 must-read books for tea-lovers