Rahul Gandhi promises change in Gujarat, Amit Shah says vote for a bright future - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
Voting is underway for 93 assembly seats.
The polls in Gujarat have been garnering a lot of attention due to it being the home state of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah.
Shah appealed to the voters, especially the youth and asked them to vote in maximum numbers to elect his government with a thumping majority which had ensured peace and prosperity in the state. He underlined that the golden future of Gujarat lay in their votes.
On the other hand, Gandhi tweeted that they would fulfil the promise to the youth, farmers, women and every citizen to bring change in Gujarat.
He appealed to the people to vote in large numbers for the progress of Gujarat.
December 5 is the last day of voting in the assembly polls. In the second phase, a total of 833 candidates from various parties including the Congress, BJP and AAP are competing.
Polling started at 8 a.m. and will end at 5 p.m. There are a total of 182 seats in the Gujarat Legislative Assembly.
The results will be declared on December 8.
- BJP RS MP Sushil Modi blames RJD for Chhapra violence
- 225 candidates in fray in Feb 27 Nagaland Assembly polls
- 37 women among 379 candidates in fray for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Health Ministry extends NEET PG 2023 internship completion date
- Delhi LG writes to Haryana CM for sustainable solution to Yamuna pollution
- Chopped Shraddha's body into more than 17 pieces, Aftab confessed: Charge sheet
- Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura polls on Feb 9
- One killed in fire after cylinder explodes in west Delhi
- ED seized Rs 859.15 cr under PMLA in illegal loan apps cases: MoS Finance
- Manipur finally gets rights body chief