Rahul Gandhi must thank PM for hoisting Tricolour at Lal Chowk: BJP - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 29, 2023
In an official video, released by the BJP, Rajyavardhan Rathore said, "Rahul Gandhi hoisted Indian Flag at Lal Chowk, Srinagar proudly. Today with the efforts of PM Modi and Modi government, situations have become such that any Indian can hoist Tricolor in Kashmir proudly. Rahul Gandhi must thank PM Modi for this."
Rahul Gandhi-led Bharat Jodo Yatra has entered its last lap in Kashmir and is set to culminate on Monday. Rahul Gandhi unfurled the Tricolour at Lal Chowk in Srinagar at 12 noon to mark the end of the foot march that began on September 7. Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and Rajya Sabha MP Randeep Singh Surjewala were also present on the occasion.
However, a controversy erupted as Rahul Gandhi's own cut-out was larger and taller than the Indian flag which many felt was 'disrespectful and disgusting behaviour' by a senior leader like Rahul Gandhi.
Netizens were quick to point out the seemingly 'disrespectful behaviour of Rahul Gandhi.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them