PVL: Presence of fans in stadiums across the three cities will add to the electrifying atmosphere inside the venues, says Joy Bhattacharjya - Bengaluru News
by IANS | Updated Jan 31, 2023
Despite the subdued atmosphere inside the stadiums, season 1 was a massive success as fans tuned in from their homes to absorb the action live from the court.
The second season of the League is fast approaching, set to tee-off on February 4 in Bengaluru at the Koramangala Indoor Stadium. For the first time ever, fans will be allowed into stadiums to witness the spectacle of the league, as they will get a chance to witness the high octane competition first hand.
The league is going to be held across three cities -- Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Kochi from February 4 to March 5 in front of passionate fans that will surely come out in hordes to support the teams.
Joy Bhattacharjya, CEO, RuPay Prime Volleyball, while looking forward to seeing crowds in the stadium said, "It is going to be fantastic to see fans in the stadium in Season 2 of the RuPay Prime Volleyball league. Last season was a great success despite the absence of fans inside the venue. I am sure the presence of fans in the stadiums across the three cities will add to the electrifying atmosphere inside the venues."
He added, "They will also add to the overall spectacle with their cheers of unrelenting support for their teams. I am sure their infectious energy and support will spur the players on to give it their all on the court which will surely raise the quality of play we get to witness in season 2 further adding to the drama and level of competition during the matches."
Tuhin Mishra, Managing Director & Co-founder, Baseline Ventures speaking on the same said, "The fans will get to first hand see their superstars of volleyball and take in their emotions on the court during the matches. We expect to see massive turnouts at all three venues, which will truly help the league to shine a spotlight on volleyball in our cricket crazy nation. Their presence will further amplify the reach of the game and the league throughout India."
"The noise of the fans inside the stadiums will surely be deafening, which will contribute to the extravaganza of Season 2 of the RuPay Prime Volleyball League. Fans are the backbone of any sport and we have surely missed them last year. It'll be delightful to see them in the stadiums as they push the players with their support to add to the pulsating action in the matches," concluded Tuhin Mishra.
- England's Scrivens named ICC Women's Player of the Month for January
- Shubman Gill named ICC Men's Player of the Month for January
- I made the selector's job bit tougher, says Scott Boland amid selection squeeze
- IND v AUS Series: Teams have optional training at Nagpur ahead of second Test
- WPL Player Auction: Smriti Mandhana bags INR 3.4 crore deal with Royal Challengers Bangalore
- I almost lost an opportunity to make it for Khelo India this year, says KIYG medallist Gymnast Mann Kothari
- Women's T20 World Cup: Did speak about Virat Kohli's extraordinary knock at the MCG, reveals Jemimah Rodrigues
- Golf: Scheffler wins Phoenix Open, regains World No. 1 ranking from McIlroy
- La Liga: Barcelona beat Villarreal to move 11 clear; Depay strikes for Atletico
- Women's T20 World Cup: Samarawickrama, De Silva steer Sri Lanka to win over Bangladesh