Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official - Chandigarh News
by IANS | Updated Feb 13, 2023
The police have registered 7,999 first information reports (FIRs) of which 915 are related to commercial quantity.
At his weekly press briefing here, Gill said the police have recovered 529.53 kg heroin from the state after carrying out cordon and search operations in drug-affected areas.
Additionally, 147.5 kg heroin was recovered by the police from seaports of Gujarat and Maharashtra, taking the total effective recovery of heroin to 677.03 kg in seven months, he said.
Apart from seizing big-haul of heroin, the IGP said the police have also recovered 424 kg opium, 480.24 kg ganja, 255 quintals of poppy husk, and 51.39 lakh tablets, capsules, injections and vials of pharma opioids.
The police have also recovered Rs 10.03 crore of drug money in seven months.
- Go Airline has history of missing its financial obligations: Pratt & Whitney
- SC collegium brushes aside IB's objection, recommends Parsi lawyer as judge for Bombay HC
- 'Anurag Thakur tried to suppress the matter', alleges Vinesh Phogat amid protest
- Kerala's rogue elephant trouble far from over as radio collar fails
- Mainly cloudy weather with rain predicted in J&K
- Tibetan medical practitioners condemn 'false' reports against Dalai Lama
- Delhi Police raids 20 locations in Delhi, Haryana
- UP Police teams set up to arrest SHUATS officials
- Seven held in Punjab for cheating GMADA
- Delhi excise policy case: ED to grill Vijay Nair, Dinesh Arora