Punjab CM seeks permission to export surplus PPE kits - Chandigarh News
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
The Chief Minister said these manufacturers had risen to the occasion in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak to make Punjab self-reliant in the manufacture of this critical equipment needed by frontline warriors in the fight against the pandemic.
Permitting them to export the PPE body coveralls "would also give an impetus to the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan recently launched by the government of India under your leadership," he said in his letter to the Prime Minister, requesting him to consider giving permission" for the same.
Citing the surplus capacity of production and quality of products manufactured by these units, which started production after obtaining certification from the DRDO, Singh said it appeared that there was not enough domestic demand of PPE at present.
These manufacturers are finding it difficult to obtain orders from HLL, he pointed out, adding that of the 128 approved manufacturers, only 18 units have received orders from the government of India.
The Chief Minister recalled that on May 21 the Punjab Industries and Commerce Minister has written to Chief Ministers of all states to consider directing their respective Health Departments to place orders on Punjab's PPE body coverall manufacturers at HLL rates.
The minister has also made a request to the Union Commerce and Industries Minister, requesting for allowing export of surplus PPE body coveralls from the country, he further noted.
Notably, the 128 approved manufacturers have a cumulative current capacity to manufacture 5,21,050 PPE coveralls every day.
- Delhi Police nab man for extorting money from woman with nude video
- Mumbai: TISS students cancel BBC documentary show after BJYM protests
- 4 killed in road accident in Bengal's Jalpaiguri
- Refurbishment of 1400 km roads, e-scooters for last-mile connectivity: Delhi CM announces two projects
- Cattle smuggling proceeds invested in film produced by Trinamool MP: BJP MLA
- Will former Pak PM Imran Khan go to jail after Fawad Chaudhry's dramatic arrest?
- Terrorist convicted in Batla House encounter case dies at AIIMS
- Pakistan's economic meltdown triggers infighting; blame game among political class intensifies
- HC allows woman to settle with kid in Aus as father doesn't turn up after divorce
- Pandit Jasraj's native place in Haryana to get facelift