Prithvi Shaw earns India call-up for New Zealand T20Is; Rahul, Axar unavailable - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
Shaw (23) has been in brilliant form in the domestic circuit, recently hitting 379 in a Ranji Trophy game match against Assam.
As per a BCCI release, K.L. Rahul and Axar Patel are unavailable due to family commitments, with the selection committee naming Bharat and Shahbaz Ahmed as their replacements in the ODI squad.
Meanwhile, Hardik Pandya will continue to lead the T20I side which has a familiar group of players, who featured in the series against Sri Lanka. The senior duo of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma continue to be left out of the T20 setup and they will only be present in the ODI squad.
Sanju Samson, who got injured during the first T20I against Sri Lanka, remains on the sidelines and his replacement Jitesh Sharma has managed to hold onto his spot. But, Harshal Patel was left out and Kuldeep Yadav got picked in the T20I squad.
All-rounder Shardul Thakur, who didn't feature in the series against Sri Lanka, has been called up to the ODI squad in place of pacer Arshdeep Singh.
India's T20I squad against New Zealand: Hardik Pandya (Captain), Suryakumar Yadav (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan (wk), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Shivam Mavi, Prithvi Shaw, Mukesh Kumar.
India's ODI squad against New Zealand: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan (wk), Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, KS Bharat (wk), Hardik Pandya (vice-captain), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umran Malik.
- SA20: MI Cape Town captain Rashid Khan asks teammates to play smart cricket in next matches
- KIYG 2022: Pole vaulter Dev Kumar sets junior national record, Maharashtra hold top spot (Round Up)
- Namibia name squad for ICC Cricket World Cup League 2
- ISL 2022-23: Silva special stuns Kerala Blasters FC as East Bengal FC register 1-0 win
- Amateur Aryan Roopa Anand wins PGTI Qualifying School 2023
- Prime Volleyball League: Bengaluru Torpedoes face Kolkata Thunderbolt in season opener
- Women's T20 World Cup: Delaney replaces injured Stokell in Ireland squad
- Thailand Masters 2023: India's campaign ends with Sai Praneeth's quarter-final loss
- Real Madrid trapped in injuries as fixtures mount up
- Paris 2024 Olympic Torch Relay to begin in Marseille