Prince Harry's 'Spare' sells record 1.43 mn copies on Day 1, sets record - London News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
The figure includes all formats and editions, including e-books and print copies. According to publisher Penguin Random House, the book has smashed all records for any first-day nonfiction book sale it had ever put out, The Bookseller, the publishing industry trade journal reported.
The book was released on January 10 simultaneously across the world in 16 languages.
The sales figures are all the more impressive given that most of the revelations within the book -- including a physical fight with elder brother Prince William, Harry's loss of virginity and details of his cocaine and magic mushroom-taking -- made headlines across the world.
This happened after booksellers in Spain broke the strict embargo and began selling 'Spare' on Thursday, January 5, in order to catch footfalls ahead of a local holiday.
"The first full day of sales of 'Spare' represents the largest first-day sales total for any non-fiction book ever published by Penguin Random House, the world's largest trade publisher," according to 'People' magazine.
- Kiara-Sid to reach Jaisalmer on Feb 5, families to arrive on Saturday
- Kiara, Sidharth to take 'saaat phere' at Jaisalmer's Suryagarh Palace
- Thalapathy Vijay's film No. 67 finally gets a name - 'LEO'
- Dino Morea showcases his football skills in Instagram Reel
- Aisha Ahmed recollects how people in Chandni Chowk thought Akshay Kumar is arriving to shoot 'Minus One: New Chapter'
- Shania Twain drops new album 'Queen of Me'
- Gippy Grewal's Punjabi film 'Honeymoon' completes 100 days in cinemas
- Paulo Coelho calls Shah Rukh 'king', 'legend'; SRK replies
- 'Pathaan' crosses Rs 700 crore worldwide in 9 days
- 'Tere Pyaar Mein' from Ranbir-Shraddha's 'Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar' was shot across 8 Spanish locations