Preparations to shift Badrinath deity's 'treasure' - Joshimath News
by IANS | Updated Jan 17, 2023
Minor cracks were recently detected in the temple premises, due to which arrangements are being made to keep the 'treasure' safe by the Shri Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee.
Devotees offer jewellery, diamonds, gems, gold, silver, and cash among other items to the deity during the Char Dham pilgrimage.
The treasure is transferred back to Badrinath, after a ceremonial reopening of the temple.
According to sources, apart from cash in crores, 30 quintals of silver, more than 45 kg of gold and jewellery are included in the treasury.
At present, the winter worship place of the lord is safe but is under threat.
The Committee has been planning to shift the offerings to its Dharamshala, located at Pipalkoti.
On Monday, Committee Chairman Ajendra Ajay inspected the place.
He instructed the officials to take immediate steps in shifting the treasure if such a situation arises.
Significantly, Saint Swami Avimukteshwaranand Saraswati Maharaj of Jyotishpeeth has started the 'Joshimath Raksha Mahayagya,' which will last for 100 days in the temple premises.
10 lakh sacrifices will be made in this.
Along with the saints, the affected people are participating in the Yagya.
- BJP RS MP Sushil Modi blames RJD for Chhapra violence
- 225 candidates in fray in Feb 27 Nagaland Assembly polls
- 37 women among 379 candidates in fray for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Health Ministry extends NEET PG 2023 internship completion date
- Delhi LG writes to Haryana CM for sustainable solution to Yamuna pollution
- Chopped Shraddha's body into more than 17 pieces, Aftab confessed: Charge sheet
- Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura polls on Feb 9
- One killed in fire after cylinder explodes in west Delhi
- ED seized Rs 859.15 cr under PMLA in illegal loan apps cases: MoS Finance
- Manipur finally gets rights body chief