Prayagraj police rescue 4 missing sisters
by IANS | Updated Jan 03, 2023
Two of them were traced in Lakhimpur Kheri while the other two were found in Ghaziabad.
Investigations revealed that eldest sister was in contact with a youth in Lakhimpur Kheri through social media and fled with her sisters in a bid to marry him.
A case of rape has been registered against the youth and he has been arrested, police said.
According to reports, a woman lives with her seven children in Chhota Baghada area and sells vegetables for a living.
The woman's four daughters in the age group of 14 to 18 years went missing from home in the evening on December 26.
Police launched a hunt for the missing girls and traced location of two of them including eldest one in Lakhimpur Kheri on Sunday.
The duo was rescued and it was found that eldest sister was having an affair with a youth and he has married her.
However, she had a scuffle with two other sisters following which they took another train to Delhi.
Police traced the two other sisters in Ghaziabad and rescued them.
SHO of Colonelganj police station Ram Mohan Rai said all four sisters have been traced and rescued.
The medical examination of all four girls will be carried out, he added.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time