Prateik Babbar was overwelhmed by the script of 'India Lockdown' - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Nov 29, 2022
The actor elaborated: "I was in tears when I first read the script. My character, a migrant worker, has his life suddenly come to a standstill and must decide whether to try to exist in a city far from home or return home and live within his means."
After the film's trailer was released, Prateik received a lot of praise for his unusual avatar as a daily wager.
Sharing details about his preparations for the part, the actor said: "We had a lot of prep going for this character. I met a few migrant workers and had a heart to heart with them to understand their life in order to play Madhav."
The film throws light on all the people whose lives were affected during the initial phase of the Covid-19 pandemic in India.
'India Lockdown' has been directed by Madhur Bhandarkar, who is known for portraying reality in films like 'Chandni Bar', 'Page 3' and 'Fashion'.
The film, which also stars Shweta Basu Prasad, Aahana Kumra, Sai Tamhankar, and Prakash Belawadi in pivotal roles, is set to stream on ZEE5 from December 2, 2022.
- Kiara-Sid to reach Jaisalmer on Feb 5, families to arrive on Saturday
- Kiara, Sidharth to take 'saaat phere' at Jaisalmer's Suryagarh Palace
- Thalapathy Vijay's film No. 67 finally gets a name - 'LEO'
- Dino Morea showcases his football skills in Instagram Reel
- Aisha Ahmed recollects how people in Chandni Chowk thought Akshay Kumar is arriving to shoot 'Minus One: New Chapter'
- Shania Twain drops new album 'Queen of Me'
- Gippy Grewal's Punjabi film 'Honeymoon' completes 100 days in cinemas
- Paulo Coelho calls Shah Rukh 'king', 'legend'; SRK replies
- 'Pathaan' crosses Rs 700 crore worldwide in 9 days
- 'Tere Pyaar Mein' from Ranbir-Shraddha's 'Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar' was shot across 8 Spanish locations