Posing as lawyers, miscreants drive away SUV from UP police station - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
The miscreants were wearing uniforms of lawyers.
The SUV was brought to the police station on a complaint of an advocate who had accused the owner of the SUV of using the designation of general secretary of Lucknow Bar Association and denting the image of the advocates.
A case has been registered in this connection and an investigation is underway.
The complainant sub inspector Ramkesh Singh, who was the day officer at the police station, said he was busy in work when constable Akhilesh informed him about the men who left the station on the SUV without informing the police.
"A Scorpio with General Secretary Bar Association embossed on the windscreen was bought at the police station on a complaint. The police were checking the registration papers of the SUV when the group of men reached there.
They drove away with the SUV saying the same belonged to them," the sub inspector said in his complaint.
Earlier, an advocate Govind Kanaujia of Husainganj had filed a complaint against unidentified persons whom he had accused of using the fake designation of general secretary of Lucknow Bar Association on a SUV.
On the complaint, a police team reached the scene, and the SUV was towed-in to the police station for investigation.
Govind, in his complaint, said that the miscreants were using the designation of the general secretary of Bar Association.
Yogesh Kumar, ACP, said that a probe is being done in the case.
The police have registered a separate case against around 12 people, who were in lawyers' dress, for forcibly taking away the vehicle from police custody.
- BJP RS MP Sushil Modi blames RJD for Chhapra violence
- 225 candidates in fray in Feb 27 Nagaland Assembly polls
- 37 women among 379 candidates in fray for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Health Ministry extends NEET PG 2023 internship completion date
- Delhi LG writes to Haryana CM for sustainable solution to Yamuna pollution
- Chopped Shraddha's body into more than 17 pieces, Aftab confessed: Charge sheet
- Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura polls on Feb 9
- One killed in fire after cylinder explodes in west Delhi
- ED seized Rs 859.15 cr under PMLA in illegal loan apps cases: MoS Finance
- Manipur finally gets rights body chief