Politicians fanned up caste consciousness: Shashi Tharoor - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 15, 2023
He was speaking at a literary session of the Kerala Assembly Book Festivals on Sunday.
Tharoor said that when he became an MP for the first time, there was a complaint that his office was filled with people from the Nair community. He immediately ordered to include people from other castes into his office staff.
The senior Congress leader, who had contested for the Congress president's post against Mallikajun Kharge, said that this was a conscious decision to include people from other castes in his office staff.
The powerful Nair Service Society (NSS), the social organisation of the Nair community, had openly stated that Tharoor was the Prime Minister material.
The powerful general secretary of NSS, G.Sukumaran Nair while speaking at a public function stated that Tharoor was hailing from a 'Nair background with rich legacy'. He had also said that Tharoor was a global citizen and that the NSS was supportive of him.
There are rumblings in the Congress unit of Kerala over Tharoor, and several senior leaders have come out openly against him.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time