PM to visit Karnataka, Maharashtra on Jan 19 - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 17, 2023
Modi's visit to Karnataka holds significance as Assembly elections are due to be held there in May this year. The BJP is in power in Karnataka and keen to return to power there.
He will distribute title deeds (hakku patra) to about 50,000 beneficiaries of newly declared revenue villages in Karnataka.
In addition to this, Modi will lay the foundation stone of Yadgir multi-village drinking water supply scheme under the Centre's Jal Jeevan Mission.
He will also inaugurate Narayanpur Left Bank Canal - Extension Renovation and Modernisation Project (NLBC - ERM), which is expected to benefit more than three lakh farmers of the region.
The Prime Minister also lay the foundation stone of two Greenfield highway development projects in Karnataka, which are part of the Surat-Chennai expressway.
Later in the day, Modi will dedicate two Mumbai metro rail lines to the nation.
He will lay the foundation stone of seven sewage treatment plants, a road concretisation project in Mumbai, and the redevelopment of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus.
- Sisodia seeks absorption of ad-hoc, guest teachers
- UP woman bites off husband's tongue, gets arrested
- K'taka court awards life term to man who killed wife, cut her body into pieces
- Kerala HC asks CBSE to address transgender student's request for change in certificates
- 'Mind your language' - Sanjay Raut to new ally Prakash Ambedkar
- Female lawyer falls to death from 15th floor in Noida
- First priority to provide basic facilities to children: K'taka CM Bommai
- 'Let religious people handle', SC declines AP plea against HC order on Ahobilam Mutt temple
- UP man kills three-year-old son after tiff with wife
- Three from Gujarat killed in road crash in UP, three injured