PM Modi to address nation on World Yoga Day
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
Leh is in the Ladakh region that saw one of the bloodiest face-offs between India and China this week resulting in multiple casualties on both sides.
While he will talk about the importance of Yoga in today's life, it is not yet clear whether he will touch upon the India-China face-off. He may himself practice a few yoga moves on live TV, sources said. The broadcast will start at 7 a.m. and is likely to last for nearly an hour.
Last year, PM Modi led a grand event on the occasion of International Day of Yoga from Ranchi. This year the event was scheduled at Leh but the plans were changed due to the pandemic outbreak across the globe.
With the news of the India-China face-off that saw 20 Indian soldiers being martyred and an all party meeting being convened by the PM on June 19 on the incident, all eyes will be on the Yoga Day broadcast to see whether the Prime Minister chooses to take up the issue directly.
- Odisha Assembly Budget session from Feb 21
- Ready for family fight, says brother of mining baron Janardhana Reddy
- Oppn parties led by Cong seek JPC probe into Adani group issue (Ld)
- Sharmila dares KCR to walk for a day with her
- CM Stalin's surprise inspection at Vellore tribal school, checks breakfast scheme
- Cong MLA's linking CPI(M) with mafia leaves Kerala CM fuming
- SC declines plea to bar candidates from contesting from more than one seat
- BJP, RSS use some as hooligans: Tejashwi
- 3 arrested in Noida for online drug smuggling
- Harassed by colleague, dentist from Lucknow commits suicide in B'luru