PM Modi is a symbol of Gujarat's pride and identity: Rajnath Singh - Ahmedabad/New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
Addressing a press conference in Ahmedabad ahead of first phase of Gujarat Assembly elections to be held on December 1, Singh lashed out at Mallikarjun Kharge for comparing Prime Minister Narendra Modi with 'Ravana'. He said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is a symbol of Gujarat's pride and identity in the 21st century and such a Prime Minister is being abused by the Congress.
Targeting Kharge and the Congress, he said that the kind of words used by Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge for Prime Minister Narendra Modi reflects the mentality of not only him but the entire party.
"Using abusive words for anyone in a healthy democracy is not a sign of healthy politics. The Prime Minister is not just a person but an institution in itself," Singh said. He stated that the people of Gujarat will never forgive those who use abusive words about Prime Minister Narendra Modi and will give a befitting reply to the Congress.
Targeting the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party, Rajnath Singh said that in Gujarat the Congress party is fighting to save its existence while the Aam Aadmi Party is fighting only to register its presence.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM