PM Modi condoles loss of lives in Nepal plane crash - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 15, 2023
In a tweet, the Prime Minister said: "Pained by the tragic air crash in Nepal in which precious lives have been lost, including Indian nationals. In this hour of grief, my thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved families."
At least 68 people were killed on Sunday when a domestic flight of Yeti Airlines crashed in Pokhara in Nepal, considered to be one of the worst air crashes in three decades in the Himalayan nation.
The passengers on board also included five Indians.
Hundreds of rescue workers scoured the hillside where the flight carrying 72 people -- 68 passengers and 4 crew members, from the capital Kathmandu went down.
- Rahul making baseless allegations against govt: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Police arrests Amity student who tried to run over traffic cop
- BRS MLAs poaching case: SC to hear on Feb 17 plea against CBI probe
- Did Centre give directions to raid SDPI offices? K'taka HC to govt
- Kashmir Pandit body demands SIT to assess role of NC, PDP in promoting 'Muslim separatism'
- Social luminary Appasaheb Dharmadhikari named 'Maharashtra Bhushan' 2023
- Upendra Kushwaha asks Nitish to promote JD(U) leaders and not Tejashwi
- Mehbooba detained by Delhi Police during protest
- 3 must-read books for tea-lovers
- How the timing of your food can affect weight loss