PM condoles death of veteran filmmaker K. Viswanath - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 03, 2023
"Saddened by the passing away of Shri K. Viswanath Garu. He was a stalwart of the cinema world, distinguishing himself as a creative and multifaceted director. His films covered various genres and enthralled audiences for decades. Condolences to his family and admirers. Om Shanti," Modi tweeted.
Viswanath passed away in the early hours of Friday. He was 92.
A prolific filmmaker, Viswanath is credited with helming memorable films like Sankarabharanam, Sagar Sangamam and Siri Siri Muvva (which he remade in Hindi as Sargam, introducing Jaya Prada) as well as many Hindi films like Eeshwar, Kaamchor, Sanjog and many others.
He also made films in Tamil.
He was bestowed with the highest cinematic honour of the country, Dadasaheb Phalke award in 2016.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them