PKL 9: Fear of missing playoffs spot spurred us on, says Haryana Steelers coach Manpreet - Hyderabad News
by IANS | Updated Dec 03, 2022
Speaking about their 32-26 win over Bengal Warriors, Haryana Steelers' head coach Manpreet Singh said, "Nobody can say who will finish at the fourth, fifth and sixth spots until the last match of league stage is played. We have a good chance of qualifying if we play well. The team has shown that it has good talent in our last three matches. They are playing with good coordination."
Manpreet further added, "Our defense unit played well in the first two matches, but then it lost its way. The players know that they will be out of the competition even if they lose one match, so this situation has inspired them to perform well. Jaideep and Mohit have shown their combination. If the defense unit continues to play in the same manner, then there's no team that can give competition to our side."
The head coach also said that Season 9 has been very enjoyable to watch, "This season has been very competitive since a lot of young players have been doing well. And everyone who has been watching this league has been enjoying it as well. Hence, I am very happy that I have made a career in kabaddi. I am very proud that I have played kabaddi and this sport has reached such a big height today."
The U Mumba side is desperate for a victory after facing two back-to-back losses, but they will be up against an in-form Gujarat Giants on Sunday. While Gujarat will bank on all-rounder Parteek Dahiya, U Mumba will hope for raider Guman Singh to take them over the line.
The Bengaluru Bulls will be hoping to get their campaign back on track after facing a tough 25-45 loss to Jaipur Pink Panthers in their last game, but they will be taking on the U.P. Yoddhas, who have recorded four back-to-back victories.
- ISL 2022-23: Jamshedpur FC register 2-0 win over NorthEast United FC
- Prime Volleyball League: Bengaluru Torpedoes go down to Kolkata Thunderbolts in opener
- ACC board meeting: Decision on Asia Cup 2023 venue deferred to next month
- ISL 2022-23: Mumbai City FC share points with Hyderabad FC as their League Shield prospects grow
- Davis Cup 2023: India suffer 2-3 loss against Denmark in Group I play-offs
- ISL 2022-23: Bengaluru FC look to continue charge for playoffs as ATK Mohun Bagan eye third place (preview)
- ILT20: Hetmyer fifty helps Gulf Giants beat Desert Vipers, confirm top-two finish
- Real Madrid, Barcelona continue title race in La Liga (preview)
- ILT20: Breezy knocks by Md Waseem, Pollard take MI Emirates to playoffs
- SA20: MI Cape Town captain Rashid Khan asks teammates to play smart cricket in next matches