PIO nominated for Nature's 'Women in Science' award - New York News
Updated Oct 05, 2022
Wairagkar, who is currently a post-doctoral scholar at the University of California, Davis, is among the six early career women researchers from world over to be nominated for the prestigious award, which is set to be announced next week.
"I am honoured to be shortlisted for Nature 'Inspiring Women in Science' award in partnership with Estee Lauder in the scientific achievement category, in the august company of five other outstanding scientists," Wairagkar tweeted.
As a neuroscientist, Wairagkar builds brain-computer interfaces to enable people with severe motor and speech impairments to communicate directly via their brain signals.
These devices break down barriers between humans and technology to allow intuitive interactions. Her research is focused on healthcare applications of neurotechnology in rehabilitation and assistive devices for people with different neurological conditions.
Previously, she was a post-doctoral researcher at the Imperial College London. She also holds a PhD and Masters in cybernetics and AI from the University of Reading.
October 05, 2022 Other New York
- How a bot makes the lives of Ukraine's refugees a bit easier
- Man in custody in connection with Indian-origin family's kidnapping in California
- Endangered Indian turtles hatch in US zoo after two decades
- Asian Americans' health poorly understood, PIO-led study finds
- US jewel thief charged with hate crimes for targeting South Asian women
- NYT Crossword Answers for October 03 2022, Find Out The Answers To The Full Crossword Puzzle, October 2022
- River in Greek mythology Crossword Clue NYT
- Like mysterious sounds in the night Crossword Clue NYT
- Windowpane material Crossword Clue NYT
- Compadre Crossword Clue NYT
- Star of ___ (symbol of Judaism) Crossword Clue NYT
- Captain in "Moby-Dick" Crossword Clue NYT
- Medicine amount Crossword Clue NYT
- Group of civil rights activists that included John Lewis and Martin Luther King Jr. Crossword Clue NYT
- Home for birds Crossword Clue NYT
- Shakespeare play with the line "To thine own self be true" Crossword Clue NYT
- Pithy sayings Crossword Clue NYT