Philippines' unemployment rate fell to 4.2% in Nov 2022 - Manila News
by IANS | Updated Jan 06, 2023
Data from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) showed 2.18 million Filipinos were out of work in November, lower than the 2.24 million recorded in October, reports Xinhua news agency.
PSA head Dennis Mapa said the November unemployment rate was the lowest rate since April 2005.
According to PSA, the employment rate rose to 95.8 per cent, bringing the total employment for November to 49.71 million.
Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Arsenio Balisacan said that the strong labour market signifies the steady recovery of the Philippine economy.
"We see a more dynamic labour market as flexible work arrangements and digitalization provide easier access to employment opportunities for Filipinos who also attend to other essential tasks such as parenting and pursuing higher education, among others," he added.
- Sikhs call for probe after N Carolina gurdwara vandalised
- Asif Ali Zardari sends Rs 10 bn legal notice to Imran Khan
- Phoebe Dynevor exits 'Bridgerton' season 3
- UAE Prez's Islamabad visit cancelled due to bad weather
- Imran to contest all 33 seats of National Assembly
- TTP claims responsibility for Peshawar mosque attack, toll rises to 32 (4th Ld)
- 28 killed, 150 injured in blast at Peshawar mosque (3rd Ld)
- 8 people shot dead at birthday party in S.Africa
- 19,740 road accidents reported in Sri Lanka last yr
- Laos Parliament approves cabinet reshuffle