Peter Handscomb to lead CA XI against South Africa in tour match - Melbourne News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
The four-day tour match runs from December 9-12 ahead of the Test series between Australia and South Africa.
"We've picked a squad which has a balance of youth and experience," said National Selection Panel Chair of Selectors George Bailey.
"Sam Whiteman and Chris Tremain have been rewarded for consistent performances over a long period of time in the Marsh Sheffield Shield, while emerging talents Jack Clayton, Tim Ward and Jordan Buckingham will benefit immensely from the experience.
"It's an exciting opportunity for Teague Wyllie and Campbell Kellaway to play alongside and learn from established domestic cricketers against an international team of South Africa's quality.
"Peter Handscomb will captain the CA XI and will have strong support from established leaders within domestic cricket," he added.
CA XI Squad: Peter Handscomb (C), Sam Whiteman, Henry Hunt, Tim Ward, Teague Wyllie, Campbell Kellaway, Matthew Kuhnemann, Jake Doran, Jack Clayton, Lawrence Neil-Smith, Chris Tremain, Jordan Buckingham, Liam Hatcher.
- Skipper Matthews believes bowlers can help West Indies thrive at Women's T20 World Cup
- At the moment, Cameron Green's biggest challenge is bowling: Andrew McDonald
- I still feel like I'm on another planet: Sabalenka takes Australian Open trophy on city tour
- U19 Women's T20 WC: India elect to bowl first against England in the final at Potchefstroom
- No one can replace Pant's desire to dominate bowlers: Ian Chappell
- Adam Zampa is a fantastic addition to our side, says Dubai Capitals' Sikandar Raza
- Khelo India Youth Games is springboard to nurture future champions, say coaches
- Mumbai specially-abled girl swimmer bags 'Shriver-Kennedy' award
- With Asian Games in sight, Arunachal weightlifter Markio all set for his fourth Khelo India Youth Games
- I know that my mother is looking from the sky and feeling proud of me: Sumati Kumari