Peruvian president names Betssy Chavez as new prime minister - Lima News
by IANS | Updated Nov 26, 2022
Chavez, who had previously served as minister of culture and minister of labor and employment promotion, was sworn in on Friday during a ceremony held at the Government Palace in capital Lima, Xinhua News Agency reported.
She becomes prime minister amid new tension between the executive and legislative branches triggered by the resignation of Torres, who left office after the legislature rejected his request for a vote of confidence for the approval of a bill.
According to the South American country's constitution, if Congress rejects a confidence vote request by the executive, the cabinet is thrown into crisis and must be renewed.
- Italy to take stock on progress towards food system transformation
- Ukraine, EU agree to deepen ties, cooperation at joint summit
- Baltic PMs meet with focus on regional security
- 22.6 mn Ethiopians food insecure due to drought, conflict, rising prices
- Travel between HK, mainland China to fully resume from Feb 6
- Pak needs to enhance exports for sustainable economic growth: Minister
- Lebanon, Cyprus sign deal to boost military cooperation
- 340 kg of drugs seized in France: Police
- Pakistani rupee continues speedy crash against USD, suffers another big fall
- S.Korean Air Force rescue team stages cold-weather drills