Pele admitted to hospital but daughter confirms 'no emergency' - Braslia News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
The 82-year old was taken to Sao Paulo's Hospital Albert Einstein after showing swelling throughout his body, a ESPN Brasil report said. However, his daughter Kely posted on Instagram that there was "no new dire prediction".
Pele had a tumour removed from his colon in September 2021 and has since had regular treatment at the hospital.
"Lots of alarm in the media today concerning my dad's health.He is in the hospital regulating medication," Nascimento said.
"There is no emergency or new dire prediction. I will be there for New Years and promise to post some pictures," she added.
The report further said that the legendary footballer was having cardiac issues and there are concerns that his chemotherapy treatment is not having the expected effect.
Pele is Brazil's all-time leading scorer with 77 goals in 92 games, and the former striker is one of only four players to have scored in four World Cup tournaments.
- Sachin Baisoya establishes lead with 64 on day one of PGTI Players Championship 2023
- India lose lead and match against Nepal in SAFF U-20 Women's C'ship
- Spinner Asif Afridi banned from all cricket for two years: PCB
- Clare Connor, Justin Langer, Graeme Smith join MCC World Cricket Committee
- Litchfield, Mooney, Scrivens shortlist for ICC Women's Player of the Month for January 2023
- 'She was in pain and wanted me to hit more sixes': Chris Gayle recalls when he broke a fan's nose with a six
- Shubman Gill, Siraj in shortlist for Men's Player of the Month for January 2023
- Ghana winger Christian Atsu rescued from rubble with injuries (Ld)
- Kerala, Goa to play opening match of Santosh Trophy final round
- Football: Four things we learned about Spain's La Liga over the weekend (analysis)