PDS foodgrains worth over Rs one crore go missing, godown sealed - Porbandar News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
Porbandar District administration sealed Public Distribution System (PDS) godown, and after an internal inquiry, action will be taken against erring officials.
District Civil Supplies Officer Hiral Desai told mediapersons: "From Ranavav PDS godown, some 7000 bags of wheat and rice valued in between Rs 1 crore to 1.5 crore are missing. So, the godown is sealed. A detailed report will be submitted to the state government."
According to sources, the mismatch was noticed by a third party auditor, who had come for inspection in first week of January. During inspection, he found that real stock and figures on record are mismatching, post which the auditor immediately drew attention of the district's senior authorities.
Porbandar's Deputy Manager Ushaben Bhoye has claimed that she had noticed the mismatch in December itself and she too had filed a report in December.
- Polling for 5 Legislative Council seats in UP today
- Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to shooting stones
- Ramcharitmanas row: Another Ayodhya seer announces reward for beheading SP leader
- 8 booked for desecration of Ramcharitmanas in Lucknow
- 'Go to the lower strata and check if they are getting benefits of govt schemes': Modi
- J&K L-G launches QR-code based labels of 13 different GI, non-GI registered crafts
- Enrollment in higher education increased to nearly 4.14cr in 2020-21
- Trinamool announces 1st list of 22 candidates for Tripura polls
- Urgently address gaps in leprosy services, accelerate efforts towards zero infection: WHO
- Muslims keeping Assamese language alive, says Badruddin Ajmal