Palestine to attend meeting of Assembly of States Parties of ICC - Ramallah News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad Al-Maliki told the local media that he will deliver a speech at the meeting and meet other officials in The Hague to discuss the "Israeli escalation in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem", reports Xinhua news agency.
He added that he will meet with ICC Prosecutor Karim Khan on the sidelines of the meeting to discuss violations committed by the Israeli army and settler groups.
Al-Maliki noted that the Palestinian delegation would ask Khan about the reasons that "prevent him, until this moment, from launching an official investigation into those crimes committed by Israel against the Palestinian people".
In November, the Fourth Committee of the UN General Assembly adopted a draft Palestinian resolution to request a legal advisory opinion from the International Court of Justice regarding Israeli malpractice.
The draft resolution is expected to be voted on December 15.
- 12 terrorists killed in Pakistan military operation
- China renews alert for snowstorms
- Australia's climate wetter, warmer than average in 2022: Report
- Japan's current account surplus drops 50 pct to 8-year low in 2022
- Bangladesh trade deficit dips to $12.30bn in H1 of fiscal 2022-23
- Biden delivers State of the Union address to divided Congress
- Turkey-Syria toll reaches 9,638, rescue efforts becoming 'harder'
- New Zealand to lift minimum wage from April 1
- Philippine unemployment rate rose slightly at 4.3% in Dec 2022
- Australian adults eligible for new round of Covid boosters