OPS aide Kovai Selvaraj quits AIADMK, likely to join DMK - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
Sources in the AIADMK told IANS that the former MLA took the extreme decision as he was removed from the post of Coimbatore Urban district secretary of the party.
While he was close to OPS, in the past two months there had apparently been a communication gap between the two, and this is considered one reason for the outspoken leader to quit the party.
He has also made serious allegations on the death of former Chief Minister and AIADMK leader J. Jayalalithaa and said that he was shocked on reading the Justice Arumughaswamy commission report on the death of the former Chief Minister.
The report had mentioned that Jayalalithaa's life could have been saved had she been taken abroad for treatment and held all the ministers, including OPS who was a cabinet minister then, responsible for it, Selvaraj added.
Sources close to the former legislator told IANS that Kovai Selvaraj is likely to join DMK in the days to come and discussions are on in this regard.
However, the former MLA has yet to announce his decision.
- Polling for 5 Legislative Council seats in UP today
- Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to shooting stones
- Ramcharitmanas row: Another Ayodhya seer announces reward for beheading SP leader
- 8 booked for desecration of Ramcharitmanas in Lucknow
- 'Go to the lower strata and check if they are getting benefits of govt schemes': Modi
- J&K L-G launches QR-code based labels of 13 different GI, non-GI registered crafts
- Enrollment in higher education increased to nearly 4.14cr in 2020-21
- Trinamool announces 1st list of 22 candidates for Tripura polls
- Urgently address gaps in leprosy services, accelerate efforts towards zero infection: WHO
- Muslims keeping Assamese language alive, says Badruddin Ajmal