One dead, 15 injured in Rawalpindi blast
by IANS | Updated Jun 13, 2020
A big fire erupted after the powerful blast on Friday night in the city's Saddar Bazaar which also caused widespread damage at the scene, reports The Express Tribune.
According to the police, the victim was a vender, who used to sell vegetables near the pole, where the blast occurred.
The police has described the blast as terror related.
A police spokesperson later said that the Counter Terror Department (CTD) and other law-enforcement agencies had collected evidence from the scene, adding that the preliminary investigation suggested that the explosives were planted on an electric pole.
No group has claimed responsibility of the attack yet.
- Imran accused of receiving bribes via his frontwoman, Farah Gogi
- US reiterates support to Pakistan in fight against terrorism
- Telangana student killed in US as gun goes off accidentally
- Chhatrapati Shivaji statue goes missing from California park
- Philippine rescue team heading to quake-hit Turkey
- Turkey-Syria quake toll crosses 5,000, rescuers race to find more survivors
- NZ, Aus PMs reaffirm close trans-Tasman ties
- Australian central bank lifts cash rate to 3.35%
- Japan's household spending dropped for 2nd straight month in Dec 2022
- Alcohol bans in central Australia reinstated amid crime wave