Nottingham Forest sign Danilo from Palmeiras - Nottinghamshire News
by IANS | Updated Jan 17, 2023
Danilo becomes the club's second signing of the January transfer window, after the arrival of compatriot Gustavo Scarpa, who also came from Palmeiras, states premierleague.com.
"I'm really happy to be fulfilling my dream of playing in the Premier League and playing for Nottingham Forest," Danilo told the club's official website.
"I learnt a bit about the history of the club and saw they had won two European Cups. I spoke to Gustavo Scarpa as well, and he told me that Nottingham is a great city and Forest have a quality squad with really good staff."
Forest sporting director Filippo Giraldi added: "He is a fantastic talent that will be a great asset for the present and the future of Nottingham Forest."
Danilo came through Palmeiras's academy and made 141 appearances in total for the club, scoring 12 goals.
If Forest submit the required completed documents by midday Friday, he could make his debut on Saturday when they travel to AFC Bournemouth.
- Sachin Baisoya establishes lead with 64 on day one of PGTI Players Championship 2023
- India lose lead and match against Nepal in SAFF U-20 Women's C'ship
- Spinner Asif Afridi banned from all cricket for two years: PCB
- Clare Connor, Justin Langer, Graeme Smith join MCC World Cricket Committee
- Litchfield, Mooney, Scrivens shortlist for ICC Women's Player of the Month for January 2023
- 'She was in pain and wanted me to hit more sixes': Chris Gayle recalls when he broke a fan's nose with a six
- Shubman Gill, Siraj in shortlist for Men's Player of the Month for January 2023
- Ghana winger Christian Atsu rescued from rubble with injuries (Ld)
- Kerala, Goa to play opening match of Santosh Trophy final round
- Football: Four things we learned about Spain's La Liga over the weekend (analysis)