Northeast monsoon in TN to withdraw from today: IMD - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
The IMD has also forecast dry weather till Pongal day. The weather department said that the IMD has predicted a withdrawal of the Northeast monsoon from January 12 based on prevailing dry weather and predictions of dry weather over the next few days.
The meteorological department has predicted mist in certain areas of Chennai and the city may experience a maximum temperature of 29 degree Celsius and a minimum temperature of 21 degrees Celsius.
Many places in Tamil Nadu are experiencing cool weather with Namakkal recording a minimum temperature of 13 degrees Celsius and among the hilly areas, Valparai recorded a minimum temperature of 6.5 degrees Celsius. Udhagamandalam (Ooty) experienced a minimum temperature of 7.6 degrees Celsius.
- 'Extremely excessive': SC quashes Rs 2 crore compensation for haircut gone wrong
- No coal shortage in country, says Centre
- Importing coal through rail-ship-rail formula illogical: Punjab AAP
- Delhi HC takes on record RGCI's stand to provide free treatment to poor patients in OPD, IPD
- Shinde-Fadnavis govt to present maiden state Budget on March 9
- Sikkim wears deserted look, bandh evokes good response
- PM tears into Oppn, terms allegations against him as baseless
- Gujarat man tries to flee after stabbing wife, dies in accident
- Ruckus in Bengal Assembly as Guv's speech 'omits' reference to scams
- Telangana DGP urged to take action against Revanth Reddy