Nora Fatehi joins ED probe in Rs 200 cr money laundering case - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
Fatehi is being grilled by a team of elite officials of the anti-money laundering agency.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) had recently filed its second supplementary charge sheet in which Fatehi had been named as an accused.
Jacqueline Fernandez and Nora Fatehi had recorded her statement as witnesses in the case.
Earlier, fixed deposits worth Rs 7.2 crore belonging to Fernandez were attached by the ED. The ED termed these gifts and properties as proceeds of crime received by the actresses.
In February, the ED filed its first supplementary prosecution complaint against Pinky Irani, an alleged aide of Chandrashekhar who introduced him to the Bollywood actresses.
It had been alleged in the charge sheet that Pinky Irani used to choose costly gifts for Fernandez and later used to drop it at her house after the payments were made by Sukesh Chandrashekhar.
In December last year, the ED filed the first charge sheet in this case before the court of Additional Sessions Judge Praveen Singh. Later on in February, the ED filed a supplementary charge sheet against Pinky Irani.
Sukesh has spent around Rs 20 crore on different models and Bollywood celebrities. A few had refused to take the gifts from him.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time