Non-veg food to be cooked, served separately in UP's Meerut school - Meerut (Uttar Pradesh) News
by IANS | Updated Dec 07, 2022
The decision was taken after 19 students, mostly from Uttar Pradesh, protested against serving chicken dishes to about 24 students from Maharashtra at the JNV mess.
These students are part of the "migration of students for national integration scheme".
Shashank Mani Tripathi, a senior faculty member, said, "As per the migration scheme, Class 9 students from one JNV of a particular linguistic region are sent to another JNV during the academic year to promote understanding of diversity and plurality of the country's culture and people. A group of JNV students from here went to JNV-Aurangabad, Maharashtra (a Marathi-speaking region) and 24 Class 9 students have arrived from there."
Chicken dish was cooked for students of JNV-Aurangabad and was served to them on Monday. Nineteen students of Class 10 raised objections and warned that they would resort to "hunger strike" if it continued, the teacher added.
Staff members at the mess thereafter informed school principal Dr Mahesh Kumar and vice-principal P.S. Chauhan. They promptly took up the matter and assured a solution.
School principal Dr Mahesh Kumar said, "A chicken dish was being served to 24 students of JNV-Aurangabad at the mess once a month on their request as per the stated guidelines. Some students raised objections to this. So, the dish will be served in a separate dining hall now."
Officials further said the school administration plans to get cooked chicken from a 'dhaba' and then serve students to avoid a repeat of such a situation.
- BJP RS MP Sushil Modi blames RJD for Chhapra violence
- 225 candidates in fray in Feb 27 Nagaland Assembly polls
- 37 women among 379 candidates in fray for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Health Ministry extends NEET PG 2023 internship completion date
- Delhi LG writes to Haryana CM for sustainable solution to Yamuna pollution
- Chopped Shraddha's body into more than 17 pieces, Aftab confessed: Charge sheet
- Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura polls on Feb 9
- One killed in fire after cylinder explodes in west Delhi
- ED seized Rs 859.15 cr under PMLA in illegal loan apps cases: MoS Finance
- Manipur finally gets rights body chief