No alcohol sale in Delhi for 3 days ahead of MCD polls - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 01, 2022
The three-day ban will come to force from the time the campaigning ends until the completion of voting.
When the votes will be counted on December 7, liquor sale will again be prohibited.
"In view of the civic polls in Delhi, the State Election Commission has declared dry days from 5.30 p.m. of December 2 to December 4, 2022 up to 5,30 p.m. and again on December 7, 2022 on the day of counting of votes in the whole of NCT of Delhi," said a notification issued by the Department.
All the liquor vends, bars, sale outlets. will remain closed on these days, the notification said.
The Excise Department and Delhi Police will patrol the city to ensure that there is no unauthorised storage of liquor or transportation of unauthorised liquor, it added.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time