Nitish Kumar rules out a second Deputy Chief Minister - Patna News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
He also made it clear that no more ministers will come from the JD-U quota, in a big jolt to those who were expecting a ministerial berth in the current government.
"I don't know how the post of Deputy CM arose. At present, there is no place for another Deputy CM. We will do a cabinet expansion and accommodate legislators of the RJD and the Congress quotas. The posts were vacant from their sides so they will get the ministerial berths," he said.
"During the previous government, they (BJP) had claimed two posts of Deputy Chief Minister and requested me to become the Chief Minister. I did not wish to hold the post of Chief Minister but they forced me. Now, we have a seven party alliance and they have mutual understanding in the participation of the government. So, how could a post of Deputy Chief Minister be created and given to any leader?" he added.
There was buzz about JD-U Parliamentary Board President Upendra Kushwaha becoming the second Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar, after he said that good news will be expected to come after Makar Sankranti. He further said that he is not here to stay in Math and he is not a saint (Sanyasi) either.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time