Nigerian police fully prepared for upcoming general elections: Police Chief - Abuja News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
Usman Alkali Baba, Inspector-General of the Police, told media in the northeastern state of Yobe on Tuesday that the police will remain apolitical during the polls, pledging to ensure a hitch-free election in terms of security arrangements coordinated by the police, Xinhua news agency reported.
"We have exposed our personnel to specialised election security management training, and developed a code of conduct handbook to guide the police and other national security agencies that will be involved in the exercise," Baba said, adding that the police have recently recruited and trained a total of 10,000 constables to be posted to their local government areas for the general elections.
Nigeria will hold general elections on February 25 to elect the President and members of the National Assembly.
- Israel, Sudan to sign deal to normalize ties: Fm
- Passengers evacuated after fire on cruise ship in Sydney
- N.Korea adopts law to protect 'state secrets'
- Putin compares Russia's invasion of Ukraine to fight against Nazi Germany
- US tracks Chinese spy balloon sailing across (Ld)
- Ukraine signs deal to join EU's Single Market Programme
- Myanmar declares martial law in 37 towns
- Ukraine seeks to extend duty-free trade with EU until end of 2024
- Pentagon detects suspected Chinese spy balloon over US
- Zelensky discusses cooperation, Ukraine's European integration with EU leaders