NIA files charge sheet against six in J&K drone case - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
The case was initially registered on May 29, 2022 at police station Rajbagh, Kathua and later on the probe was taken over by the NIA on July 30, 2022.
"Investigations revealed that on directions of accused, Sajjad Gul, the Pakistani handler, the accused used to collect, receive and transport the weapons, dropped over drones, to the militants active in Kashmir valley for commission of terror activities in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir, as part of the conspiracy of wage war against the Government of India," the NIA has alleged.
The accused, Faisal Muneer, Habib, Mian Sohail, Muni Mohd (deceased), Rashid, Sajjad Gul alias Sheikh Sajjad were charge-sheeted under sections 120B, 121A & 122 of IPC, sections 16, 17, 18, 18B, 20, 23, 38, 39 & 40 of UA (P) Act, 1967, sections 25(1)(a) & 25(1AA) of the Arms Act and sections 4 & 5 of the Explosive Substances Act.
Further investigations in the matter are on.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time