New aid package of $40 million in cash reaches Afghanistan - Kabul News
by IANS | Updated Jan 15, 2023
The cash aid arrived on Saturday and DAB, appreciating the assistance, would welcome any support that strengthens the banking sector in Afghanistan, a statement from Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB), the country's central bank, said on Sunday, Xinhua News Agency reported.
Last month, two aid packages, each with 40 million US dollars in cash, arrived in Afghanistan and had been deposited to one of the country's commercial banks.
- British PM Rishi Sunak sacks party chairman after tax probe
- NATO chief stresses 'interconnected' security amid N.Korean support of Russian war efforts
- Chilly weather claims 170 lives in Afghanistan
- 6.3 magnitude quake hits Islamabad
- 44 killed as bus falls into ravine in Pakistan (Ld)
- Avalanche hits Japan's Nagano prefacture, several skiers found unconscious
- 10 children killed as boat capsizes in Pakistan (Ld)
- 16 rescued, nine missing after boat capsizes in Pakistan
- Pakistan hikes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 35
- Pakistan faces monumental crisis as economy tumbles