Neighbours call Indian-American who drove Tesla off cliff 'great guy' - New York News
by IANS | Updated Jan 06, 2023
Dharmesh Arvind Patel, 41, a radiologist at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Pasadena, was arrested this week on suspicion of attempted murder and child abuse after he deliberately drove his Tesla off a 250-foot steep cliff.
"They're a beautiful, idyllic family, no indication of issues," Roger Newmark told The Los Angeles Times.
"It's so strange because he is a great guy. Maybe it was a moment of insanity."
The Patels had moved to the neighbourhood five years ago, and were often seen walking with their children and giving cookies to neighbours, the paper reported.
"He's just so present. Dharmesh and I would wave 'hi', but he would always come over and have a conversation. He was always happy and ready to talk," another neighbour, Sarah Walker, told The Times.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) said in a statement that it was alerted to "a vehicle over the side of the cliff on State Route-1" at around 10.50 a.m. on January 2.
Once the CHP and other responding agencies got to the scene, they saw a white Tesla that had plunged 250-300 feet off the cliff, the release said.
Authorities managed to reach the vehicle and recover two adults and two children, aged seven and four, who were rushed "to a local hospital with serious injuries".
Neighbours described the Patel family as "perfect", with no issues of domestic violence ever reported, according to a Pasadena city manager spokeswoman.
"Based on the evidence collected, investigators developed probable cause to believe this incident was an intentional act," CHP said in a statement.
January 06, 2023 Other New York
- Like a fireplace if you forget to open the flue Crossword Clue NYT
- Disney movie set in Polynesia Crossword Clue NYT
- Be part of, as a TV show Crossword Clue NYT
- Request at the end of a restaurant meal Crossword Clue NYT
- Garden hose problems Crossword Clue NYT
- Loud kiss Crossword Clue NYT
- Pounded sticky rice that can be filled with ice cream Crossword Clue NYT
- Like Cheerios and granola Crossword Clue NYT
- New York basketball player Crossword Clue NYT
- New York baseball team, informally Crossword Clue NYT
- Living costs increase for all New Zealand household groups
- Govt report reveals Australian health system in crisis
- January 'deadliest' month in Pakistan since July 2018
- Mystery how suicide bomber managed to sneak in to Peshawar mosque
- Israel strikes Gaza in response to rockets firing (Ld)
- China renews alert for thick fog
- Inflation in Pakistan at 48-yr high
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad delegation heads to Egypt amid tensions
- Russian population decreased by 555,332 in 2022
- 'Turkey won't approve Sweden's NATO bid as long as Quran-burning protests continue'