Namibia name squad for ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 - Windhoek (Namibia) News
by IANS | Updated Feb 03, 2023
Namibia Cricket governing body marketing manager Natalia Nauyoma said that the squad will face host Nepal and Scotland from February 14 to 20.
After completing the series in Nepal, Namibia will proceed to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to take on the host nation on February 21, rounding off their 36 ODI games, a Xinhua report said.
Each tri-series of the league will see teams play a total of six ODIs with teams competing for the top three spots in League 2.
As it stands, Namibia is anchored in the third spot of the league behind Scotland and Oman. The other teams in the league in descending order are, the United States, UAE, and Nepal, while Papua New Guinea occupies the tail end.
The 2019-2023 ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 is the first edition of the ICC Cricket World Cup League 2, a cricket tournament that forms part of the 2023 Cricket World Cup qualification process.
The tournament is being played from August 2019 to February 2023, with all matches played as ODIs.
- England's Scrivens named ICC Women's Player of the Month for January
- Shubman Gill named ICC Men's Player of the Month for January
- I made the selector's job bit tougher, says Scott Boland amid selection squeeze
- IND v AUS Series: Teams have optional training at Nagpur ahead of second Test
- WPL Player Auction: Smriti Mandhana bags INR 3.4 crore deal with Royal Challengers Bangalore
- I almost lost an opportunity to make it for Khelo India this year, says KIYG medallist Gymnast Mann Kothari
- Women's T20 World Cup: Did speak about Virat Kohli's extraordinary knock at the MCG, reveals Jemimah Rodrigues
- Golf: Scheffler wins Phoenix Open, regains World No. 1 ranking from McIlroy
- La Liga: Barcelona beat Villarreal to move 11 clear; Depay strikes for Atletico
- Women's T20 World Cup: Samarawickrama, De Silva steer Sri Lanka to win over Bangladesh