Nagas can join armed forces to teach China a lesson: ABAP
by IANS | Updated Jun 19, 2020
Condemning the attack, Giri said the Indian forces are capable of giving a befitting reply to the enemy, but if the need arises, lakhs of Naga sadhus can also join their forces to protect the motherland.
"Naga sadhus are equally trained in shaashtra (religious texts) and shashtra (arms)," he said.
Giri said that Naga sadhus are trained in martial arts and also carry tridents, swords, canes and spears.
"They once functioned as a trained armed force to protect Hindus from the Mughal rulers and were involved in a number of military defence campaigns. However, after Independence, there was no apparent need for Nagas to indulging in armed activities, so they turned to religion," he explained.
- 'All wolves are joining hands but I will fight them like a lion', Jagan targets Oppn
- Ahead of Feb-16 Tripura assembly polls, another BJP MLA resigns
- Delhi CM inaugurates facility to identify pollution sources in real time
- Criminal wanted in attempt to murder case arrested in Delhi
- Mamata to directly supervise party affairs in Birbhum in Anubrata Mondal's absence
- Delhi HC grants time to lawyer to file reply in contempt case
- Narendra Dabholkar murder: CBI tells Bombay HC its probe is complete
- Screening newborn babies for congenital hyperthyroidism is critical: Doctors
- Kolkata Book Fair will also be held in Delhi from next year: Mamata
- DMK slams TN BJP chief Annamalai on 'edited' video of T.R. Baalu