Muzaffarpur civic body to spend Rs 1 crore on dog sterilisation - Patna News
Patna, Feb 7 (IANS) The Municipal Corporation of Bihar's Muzaffarpur has decided to spend Rs 1 crore for the sterilisation of stray dogs in the district.
by IANS | Updated Feb 07, 2023
Mayor Nirmala Sahu said that a proposal was passed during the session of the civic body's house.
"Keeping in view of the large number of dog bite cases, the majority of the councillors raised this point in the meeting. A number of accidents also happened due to stray dogs. Hence, we have passed the fund of Rs 1 crore to achieve the purpose," Sahu said.
"The fund will be used to capture stray dogs from the streets followed by their sterilisation. Besides, we have also decided to capture stray bulls from the roads as well. These stray animals are responsible for many accidents," Sahu added.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by FreshersLIVE.Publisher : IANS-Media
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them