MP leaders reach Bhopal airport to receive Sharad Yadav's mortal remains - Bhopal News
by IANS | Updated Jan 14, 2023
His last rites will be performed later in the day at his ancestral village Ankhmau in Narmadapuram district.
Some of the leaders who arrived at the airport were Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Congress MP Digvijaya Singh and his son Raghavgarh MLA Rajyavardhan Singh, state BJP president V.D. Sharma, as well as other politicians.
Meanwhile, over hundreds of people from the late politician's ancestral village also came to the airport to pay homage.
The remains arrived at the Bhopal airport from New Delhi on board a chartered plane at around 11 a.m.
Yadav passed away on Thursday at 10.19 p.m. at Fortis, Gurugram, where he was brought in an unresponsive and unconscious state, according to a statement issued by the hospital.
- Social media: Dos and don'ts issued for UP Police
- Women can offer 'namaz' in mosques: AIMPLB to SC
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs
- J&K launches project to promote sustainable agriculture
- J&K: CBI arrests 2 in bribe case